Crystal Lake… State Representative Allen Skillicorn (R-East Dundee) is working to educate local business owners on how they can submit their information to the State of Illinois to be used in Governor Pritzker’s application for federal disaster relief financing through the U.S. Small Business Administration.
“Since last week I have been updating my COVID-19 page on my website: https://repskillicorn.com/covid-19/. This page provides links to all relevant government websites and contains updated press releases and guidance on how business owners and the public can access critical information and resources,” said Rep. Skillicorn
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans to provide working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a part of the process, the State of Illinois is working to collect information from small businesses that are negatively impacted. The information will assist the federal and state government as decisions are made regarding an economic injury disaster declaration from SBA.
Rep. Skillicorn said, “It is vitally important to have all businesses owners fill out this form and provide the necessary information from your small business, which will be received by the State of Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and then shared with the Governor’s office and sent to the SBA.”
“I am currently working with all branches of government, various state agencies, and local business owners to provide the best and recent information to all of my constituents. We need to work together as a community to spread the word to the business owners so they can find relief,” said Rep. Skillicorn.
- The state has launched website to provide the latest news releases related to COVID-19, video archives of press conferences and tips from leading experts: coronavirus.illinois.gov
- COVID-19 unemployment benefits through the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES): https://www2.illinois.gov/ides/Pages/COVID-19-and-Unemployment-Benefits.aspx
- IDPH COVID-19 homepage: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus
- IDPH guidance for schools: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/schools-guidance
- IDPH COVID-19 FAQ: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/faq
- IDPH COVID-19 daily briefings and documents: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/media-publications/daily-press-briefings
Rep. Skillicorn said, “My office, like most, is experiencing a very high volume of communications from concerned residents. Nevertheless, if we work to together, stay informed, and keep calm we will persevere. Keep following my website and social media for updated information.”