State Representative Allen Skillicorn (R-Crystal Lake) will be hosting the third of his April Town Hall series on Saturday, April 20 in Huntley. Additional town hall dates have been added for events to specifically address Gov. Pritzker’s graduated income tax proposal.
“There are several contentious pieces of legislation and ideas floating around Springfield right now,” said Skillicorn. “Unfortunately, far too many of them are about raising taxes. Whether it’s a graduated income tax hike or a bag tax, I want to hear what people are most concerned about and discuss what we can do about it.”
The newly added graduated income tax town halls will feature presentations by tax experts about the impact of changing the state constitution and imposing a graduated income tax on Illinois residents.
All the town hall events are free and open to the public. Some locations may have limited seating and space. In the event of limited space, individuals will be admitted on a first come, first served basis.
General Town Hall Details:
April 20 – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Manny’s Handcrafted Gelato and Café – 11808 Main St., Huntley, IL 60142
April 26 – 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Panera Bread – 451 S. Randall Rd., Algonquin, IL 60102
Graduated Tax Town Hall Details:
April 27 – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Lake in the Hills Village Hall – 600 Harvest Gate, Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
- Co-hosts: Rep. Steve Reick, Rep. Dan Ugaste, Rep. Tom Weber and Americans for Prosperity
April 29 – 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Huntley Park District, Willow Rm. – 12015 Mill St., Huntley, IL 60142
- Co-hosts: Rep. Dan Ugaste and the Illinois Opportunity Project
- Tax experts: Ted Dabrowski and Adam Schuster
For more information, call 815-893-4884 or email email@example.com.